Overheating engines is a common issue during the summer months. Many people think that turning on the car heater will help cool down an overheating engine. However, this might be the case. The car heater actually pulls warm air from around the engine and circulates it through the cabin of the car.
Ways To Cool Down An Overheating Engine
There are a few things you can do to help cool down an overheating engine.
- Turn on the car's heater. This may seem counterintuitive, but the heater will actually help to circulate coolant through the engine.
- Turn on the car's fan. The fan will help to move air around the engine and cool it down.
- Open the hood of the car. This will allow heat to escape from the engine and will help to cool it down.
- Pour water over the radiator. This will help to cool down the engine by providing a source of cold water.
- Turn off the car's air conditioning. The air conditioning system puts a strain on the engine, which can cause it to overheat.
- Pull over and turn off the car. This will allow the engine to cool down and will prevent further damage.
- Call a tow truck. If the engine is too hot, it may need to be towed to a mechanic for repair.
How To Prevent Engine Overheating
There are a few things you can do to prevent your engine from overheating.
- Make sure that the cooling system is filled with coolant. The coolant helps to keep the engine cool and prevents overheating.
- Check the radiator for leaks. A leaking radiator can cause the engine to over
- Check the hoses for leaks. A leaking hose can also cause the engine to overheat.
- Check the fan belt for wear. A worn fan belt can prevent the fan from properly cooling the engine.
- Have your car serviced regularly. A well-maintained car is less likely to overheat than a car that is not well-maintained.
Does Turning on Your Car Heater Help with Engine Overheating?
Possibly, turning on your car heater will help with engine overheating. The car heater actually pulls warm air from around the engine and circulates it through the cabin of the car. If you need engine repair, don't hesitate to give Desi Auto Care a call today!