It is a myth that vehicles over 100,000 miles are essentially ready for the junkyard. With proper care and maintenance, today's vehicles can last well over 100,000 miles and continue to be reliable for years to come. Here are our top tips on how to make your high mileage car last:
- Use high quality products and parts - when you bring your car into Desi Auto Care for all of your vehicle's needs, your repairs and services will be perfomed with factory level or better parts and high quality parts to aid in extending your vehicle's life.
- Pay attention to your vehicle's fluids - your vehicle runs on many different fluids that are vital to the overall performance of your car. Fluids to keep an eye on include motor oil, transmission fluid, power steering fluid, and brake fluid. Be sure to follow your vehicle's manufacturer recommendations when it comes to fluid services.
- Keep your car clean and washed - dirt and debris can affect the exterior of your vehicle and decrease its value. The inside is also important to keep clean because it will enhance your resell value in the future.
- Drive safely and practice good driving habits. Constantly slamming on the brakes or accelerator can put your vehicle under more stress than needed. Driving safe and controlled can go a long way when it comes to the overall health of your car.
- Never miss an important maintenance item by bringing your car into the experts here at Desi Auto Care for all of your vehicle's needs. Plus, we help remind you of when upcoming services are due so you can easily keep your car running at its best.
If you drive a high mileage car, the key to future performance is good maintenance and being aware of your vehicle's condition. If your car is due for a service or may need a repair, don't hesitate to give Desi Auto Care a call today.