Winter is one of the harshest times of the year for vehicles, especially when it comes to extremely cold weather and snow. When it comes to your fleet, you want to do what you can to prevent any unexpected breakdowns during the winter months and to keep your vehicles running at their best so that your business can continue to thrive.
Having certain maintenance performed on your vehicle ahead of the start of winter can be beneficial for your business in the long run. It’s definitely a great time to have maintenance performed and to catch any issues early on.
Here at our shop, we can assist with all of your fleet vehicle maintenance needs and can help check that your vehicles will remain reliable during the winter months.
Here are the most important items to have taken care of to maintain your fleet during the winter:
- Engine maintenance, including checking spark plugs, belts, hoses, and engine oil
- Test the battery for proper charge and replace it if necessary
- Check that the coolant is filled and clean
- Test both the heater and defroster for proper operation
- Replace windshield wipers if needed and fill up wiper fluid to keep all windshields clean and properly visible
- Check that all tires have good tread and install winter tires if necessary
- Consider using winterized fuel, which is good for diesel vehicles in colder climates
- Drain the water separated in the fuel system to avoid damaging the fuel pump and injectors
- Considering waxing the vehicles to help protect the car body from salt damage
These are just some of the ways that you can help get your fleet ready for the colder weather. The better that you maintain your fleet, the less you’ll have to deal with unexpected breakdowns over the next couple of months.
If you need reliable and professional fleet maintenance, don’t hesitate to give us a call here at our shop today!